在过去的两年里, you have heard from us on a number of occasions regarding the ongoing investigation into historical incidents of sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior by faculty, staff, 或bat365基斯社区的其他成年成员. Today, 独立调查员向董事会提交了她的调查结果, 我们写信分享她的发现和独立调查的完整报告.
我们怀着沉重的心情读了这份报告, as it describes multiple instances of bat365 students being abused by teachers or staff members, 主要是在1970年代和1980年代.
对于遭受虐待的幸存者，我们发自内心地道歉. 学校没有履行保护你的承诺. We apologize with humility -- understanding that words cannot measure our sadness and regret or erase the harm that you endured. 你伤得很重, and we can only hope to make amends by caring for you now and doing everything within our power to ensure that students now and in the future will be cared for and safe.
We want everyone who participated in the independent investigation to know that we are extremely grateful to you. 特别是, we are indebted to every survivor who made the courageous and difficult decision to share her or his story. 感谢你的勇敢和力量, we are able to confront directly and openly the School's history so that we can reconcile with the past, 支持治愈那些受伤的人, 并学习，以确保现在和未来的bat365基斯学生的安全和福祉.
2016年5月, the School initiated an investigation into incidents of sexual abuse of inappropriate behavior by adult members of the bat365 community. 我们聘请了一位新的调查员, Allison奥尼尔, 洛克律师事务所合伙人, 今年2月，在迄今为止已经完成的工作的基础上继续发展和完成. 骆家辉有完全的权力和自由裁量权进行调查, including determining the criteria for corroborating allegations of abuse as well as deciding which individuals to name in the report. Locke Lord had full access to bat365's records as well as current and former personnel to support the investigation. 对150多人进行了采访, 包括校友，现任和前任教员, staff, 和受托人. 骆家辉团队审阅了大约20万页的文件.
The report details instances involving seven former faculty members who sexually abused students between 1969 and 1992:
- 克里斯托弗·卡莱尔 (已故):1963年至1982年担任英语教师
- 彼得·戈特，硕士.D. (已故):1972年至2005年担任医务主任
- 艾伯特狡猾 (已故):1950年至1970年和2008年担任合唱指挥、管风琴手和音乐教师
The report discusses other incidents and allegations that did not meet the criteria that Locke Lord established for naming the alleged offender. The report also documents instances in which former administrators were made aware of possible sexual misconduct on the part of a faculty member and failed to comprehend or intervene. 关于雷夫·索恩-汤姆森的报道尤其如此, 谁从1964年到1992年被解雇.
洛克·洛德的报告读起来令人不安. We are deeply and truly sorry for the enduring pain suffered as a result of the behavior outlined in the report. 我们怎么说都不为过, even though we know that words can bring only limited comfort to those who were harmed and cannot undo the impact of these actions on those individuals and on the bat365 community.
校董会针对骆家辉的报告采取了若干行动. 具体地说, the School has made the appropriate reports to law enforcement and to any known subsequent employers. 在适用情况下, we are stripping the individuals identified above of any public recognition at bat365 and are banning them from campus. 我们也接受了亚瑟·怀特的辞职, 在1983年到1989年期间担任校长并配合调查的人, 作为退休受托人. And we have removed the names of any former Heads of School who failed to act on reports of abuse from any prizes, 奖学金, 捐赠基金和校园空间, 包括肖像，这些照片将被放在学校的档案中.
Should any other alumni wish to come forward with an additional report of abuse by an adult member of the bat365 community, 我们已经要求. 奥尼尔将在未来几个月内收到任何此类报告. Ms. O'Neil可以通过电话(800)403-7138或(617)239-0729联系，或通过电子邮件发送到 email@example.com.
The School will continue to provide financial assistance to alumni for current and/or past therapy costs relating to sexual misconduct during their time at the School through RAINN (Rape, 滥用 & 乱伦国家网络). 具体地说:
- 当前治疗费用: bat365 will reimburse current weekly therapy sessions of up to 90 minutes in length for any treatment that is recommended by a licensed, 合格的精神卫生专业人员，是RAINN批准的治疗方式之一.
- 过去的治疗费用: bat365最多可报销10美元,000 of costs for previous therapy sessions of up to 90 minutes in length for any treatment that was recommended by a licensed, qualified mental health professional and that is among RAINN's list of approved treatment modalities.
RAINN还设有全国热线电话(800)656-4673或 www.在线.rainn.org 可用于获取即时危机干预、信息和资源. 该热线还可以为校友提供当地咨询师或治疗师的推荐.
bat365 is committed to ensuring that its policies and procedures reflect evolving best practices. 在过去的几年里, the School has developed and put in place a comprehensive set of programs and procedures to protect students and promote their safety and well-being, 包括以下内容:
- We require training for faculty and staff members in maintaining proper boundaries with students and colleagues, 在课堂内外扮演积极的角色, 发现并报告不当行为.
- We run background checks on all employees as well as all non-employee adults who reside in on-campus housing, 我们要求他们遵守边界政策.
- We engage our students in ongoing discussions in the Human Development curriculum (required of all Preps and Lower Mids) and residential life programs about making good decisions and promoting healthy relationships.
- We ensure our students are fully aware of the School's support resources and work to create an environment where they feel comfortable reaching out for assistance and/or reporting any inappropriate behavior.
We review our practices regularly and conduct periodic third-party audits to ensure that we are employing current best practices. 最近, we engaged RAINN to undertake a comprehensive review of our sexual misconduct education and response mechanisms, 包括现有政策, 协议, 和培训. 在这个过程的最后, RAINN will provide bat365 with an assessment of its current programs and a set of concrete recommendations to ensure that the School meets or exceeds current best practices.
We again express our gratitude to everyone who participated in the investigation and our deepest apologies to every survivor. 我们尊敬你们勇敢面对过去的勇气. 我们保证，你们的经验将为我们正在进行的建设一个更安全的, 更强大、更健康的社区.
Jean Weinberg, 80届，18届